Message for parents

School is currently only open to pupils of Critical Workers & Vulnerable pupils – COVID-19

The DfE guidance for children of Critical Workers has changed since w/c 05/01/21 – “Children with at least one parent or carer who is a critical worker can go to school or college if required, but parents and carers should keep their children at home if they can.”

Information regarding arrangements, parental advice and funding can be accessed via our Key Information – COVID-19 Arrangements & Advice   

Pupil Premium

Did you know … just registering your child for Pupil Premium Free School Meals means we all get extra money?

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best.

This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’

If you receive Pupil Premium Free School Meals, our school will allocate your child up to £80 per term of the funding to help to pay for those little extras, for example:

  • School trip
  • After school clubs
  • School uniform
  • Book Fair purchases
  • Extra-curricular activities g. music, drama, dance lessons or tuition

How does it work

  • First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
  • Registering is really quick and easy – see below ‘How to Apply’

If you do not want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still receives funding and you will be allocated £80 per term.

Do you qualify?

Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

How to apply - Through the Citizen Portal which is the quickest and easiest way to apply and will result in you getting an instant decision.

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)

Nurseries, pre-schools, schools, childminders and other Early Years Providers are able to claim extra funding through the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) to support children’s development, learning and care.

EYPP provides extra money to the Early Years Provider for three and four-year-old children whose parents are in receipt of certain qualifying benefits, or who have been adopted or are in care.

Registering your child could provide up to £300 extra for your child’s Early Years Provider. They can use the funding, in any way they choose, to improve the quality of the early years education provided for your child. This could include, for example:

  • Additional training and support for staff working on specialised areas such as speech and language.
  • Investing in partnership working with colleagues in the area to learn from each other.
  • Resources to help raise the quality of your child’s education.

EYPP - Do you qualify?

Designed & developed by Hambly Freeman
Admin Login